We all want rich, luxurious, and healthy hair and most of us would do just about anything to achieve this. We have tried a lot of recipes in our quest for this healthy hair: from using pricey hair care products that promised rapunzel-like hair overnight but failed to deliver, to going herbal and praying our hair grows like weed.
One natural remedy that has been proven to makes hair grow with seemingly very little effort is onion juice. Onion is a rich source of sulfur, which our hairs need. Hair grows when it is healthy and onions promotes healthy hair by improving the blood flow and circulation on your scalp, as well as providing nourishment for your hair follicles.
Making use of onion juice for hair growth will not just make your hair grow, but will also improve a receding hairline, repair brittle or damaged hair, or make fuller hair that is suddenly going thin.
Onion juice also prevents premature greying of hair as it contains the enzyme, catalase which works as an antioxidant to prevent such greying.
There are several onion juice remedies you can use and some of these are:
Ingredients & Equipment
1. 1 Large Onion Bulb
2. Honey (optional)
3. A Large Chopping Board.
4. Food Processor
1. Peel and chop onions into small bits.
2. Place chopped onions in the food processor to extract the juice.
3. Combine 4 tablespoons of the extracted onion juice and 1 teaspoon of honey and stir both mixtures.
4. Massage this mixture all over your scalp and cover with a shower cap.
5. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo.
6. Do this once a week or bi-monthly.
4 Tablespoons Onion Juice
2 Teaspoons Coconut oil
1. Combine onion juice and coconut oil and apply this paste on your scalp.
2. Leave it in for 20 minutes and wash off.