There are tons of liquid dishwashing soaps at the supermarket and sometimes we chance upon a few that deliver on their promise and get the dishes clean.
You can get a bottle of a pricey liquid dishwashing soap at the supermarket or toyu can make a bottle (or more) yourself and save costs. You’ll also be able to measure what ingredients goes into the making process to determine the outcome.
Here are a few things you’ll be needing to make your liquid dishwashing soap:
What You’ll Need
– A Measuring Bowl
– 2 or More Gloves
– Spoon (for stirring)
– 4 or More Bowls
– 20 Liters of Water
– 240 Grams Antisol/Nitrosol
– 15 Teaspoons Texapon
– 15 Teaspoons Sodium Laurate Sulphate (SLS)
– 100 Grams Caustic Soda
– 150 Grams Soda Ash
– 15 Teaspoons Sodium Tripoyphosphatr (STTP)
– Sulphonic Acid
READ ALSO: Some Amazing Kitchen Hacks You Have to Try
1 Mix your caustic soda with one liter of water to soften it and leave this overnight.
2. Do the same with the soda ash in a separate bowl and also leave overnight.
3. Next, combine sulphoric acid, texapon, and fragrance in a bowl and stir to mix. Measure in 5 liters of water and stir for 10-15 minutes.
4. In a different bowl, mix SLS with one half liter of water.
5. Do the same with the STTP. Stir in your nitrosol, soda ash, and caustic soda carefully and combine this with your already softened SLS an stir. Also add in your colourant at this point and stir.
6. Pour in the 12 liters of water left and continue stiring until well mixed then leave overnight to settle and your liquid dishwashing soap is ready to be used