I saw these kitchen tricks and I couldn’t wait to share them here with you guys! So, here are some amazing kitchen tricks that will literarily make your stay in the kitchen more enjoyable:
1. If you happen to over-salt a pot of soup, just drop in a peeled potato. The potato will absorb the excess salt.
2. When boiling eggs, add a pinch of salt to keep the shells from cracking. Adding vinegar to the boiling water will also make it easier to remove the shells afterwards.
3. To make your eggs stay fresher for longer, rub the shell with a thin coat of vegetable oil before storing.
4. To prevent your banana from getting ripe too fast cover the roots with a plastic wrap and they last for three days longer.
5. Burned a pot of rice? Place a slice of bread on the rice for 10-15 minutes to draw out the burned flavour.
6. Hate peeling garlic? Here’s an easy and quick way to get this unwelcome task done. Place the garlic in a bowl, cover with another bowl and shake vigorously. This will loosen the skin and make it easier to peel.
7. To open a lid shut too tightly try running the jar under hot water for a minute or dampen a washcloth and, gripping the jar cover with this, turn the bottom of the lid.
8. Use a spoon instead of a knife to get the skin off your ginger to prevent much waste.
9. Banana refrigerated with its peel is almost impossible to peel when frozen. Instead remove peel and store in a ziplock bag.
10. To make your omelets fluffier, add a small amount of liquid milk or a teaspoon of water when beating.
11. Reduce tears when peeling onions by cutting under a running tap.
12. Before chopping pepper, rub a little vegetable oil over your hands to keep your hands from absorbing the peppery taste.
13. To get more juice from your lemon, microwave it for 15 seconds and let it cool before cutting.
14. An easy way to peel your potatoes is to boil them until soft then drop in a bowl of ice coid water for a few seconds. Next, grab and give a little twist to get the skin off.
15. To remove tiny egg shell particles from your bowl of ready-to-beat eggs, wet your fingers first.
16. To prevent your potatoes from sprouting, put an apple with the bunch.
17. To reduce the bitter taste of your coffee add a little salt or cinnamon while brewing.
18. To check if your egg is still fresh drop it in a bowl of water. Egg that sinks to the bottom is fresh and good to eat.
19. Want your meat to get softer on time? Add a little baking soda while cooking.
20. Putting ice cubes in your wine waters it down and changes its taste. Use frozen grapes instead.
21. To unclog your kitchen sink, pour one or two cups of baking soda mixed with fresh lemon juice. Leave for an hour and then pour boiling water down the drain.
22. Want to slice a loaf of bread without having too many crumbs falling from the rough edges? Turn the loaf downside up before slicing.
23. An easy way to slice your meat is to get it frozen a bit first.
24. To ripen your banana put them in the oven for 20-30 minutes with the heat turned up 300 degrees Celsius and the ripen immediately.
25. To reheat pasta evenly, place it in a doughnut shape (with a little hole in the center). This ensures the heat is evenly spread.
26. To grill your fish without it getting stuck place two or three lemon slices on the grill before placing the fish. Not only will the fish be grilled unstuck, it will also come out with a nicer flavour.
27. Storing your bananas with other fruits is a no-no. This is because bananas release a gas that cause other fruits to ripen faster.
28. Water left over from boiled potato or pasta is rich in nutrient and will be beneficial to your garden or your house plant.
29. To defrost your meat faster, pour a little vinegar over it.
30. If you have two glass cups stuck together, place some ice cube in the inner glass and submerge the outer in warm water. Ice causes the glass to contract while the warm water will make the outer glass expand.
31. Adding a pinch of salt to your milk makes it stay fresher a few more days.